Role And Function
The role of this Directorates is to provide QA Coverage to all Weapon Systems, Sensors, Electrical Systems, Submarine Batteries, Naval Stores (viz: Steel, Paints, Anchors, etc) procured indigenously for fitment onboard IN Warships ( In-Service & Under Construction). Presently, this Directorate is providing QA coverage to over 1500 Items and has a Pan India presence with in-house state-of-the-art laboratories.
Sailent points pertaining to role & function of Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval) are as follows:-
- Render QA cover for equipment and spares pertaining to Electrical, Electronics, Weapon Equipment and General Naval Stores for use onboard ships and submarines of Indian Navy except for armament, explosives, gun barrels, missiles, small arms, torpedo tubes etc which fall under the purview of DGNAI.
- DQA(N) also provides QA cover for the stores against orders of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) and ATV Programme on case to case basis as per mutual agreement.
- Participate in QA of Naval R & D programmes.
- Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) and participation in FET &FATS of Imported stores, as per requirement indicated by IHQ MoD (N).
- Assistance to IHQ MoD(N)for formulation SOTRs and RFPs.
- Approval of Quality Assurance Plans (QAP).
- Collegiate vetting of drawings.
- Participation in TNC, CNCs and NLCs/Procurement Committee Meetings at IHQ MoD(N), Command Headquarters and Material Organisations.
- Cadre controlling authority for DQA (N) cadre civilian staff.
- Undertaking Capacity Assessment & Vendor Registration (CA&VR).
- Processing of cases related to Self Certification, Third Party Inspection and Green Channel Certification.
- Provide mentoring for Intellectual Property Rights Facilitation and Mission Gyan Raksa Shakti initiatives of GoI.