This Establishment was set up on 03rd Nov 1972 as Inspector of Eastern Fleet Stores under Chief Inspectorate of Eastern Fleet Stores, Vishakhapatnam for development and inspection of stores required for erstwhile Soviet Origin Ships. Upon re-organisation of DQA(N), DGQA, Ministry of Defence, establishment came directly under DQA(N) as a field establishment on 28th Aug 1984 for carrying out inspection of stores in North India and again later renamed as QAE(N) Faridabad in Jan 1988. The establishment shifted to its present location at DGQA Complex, Badarpur during 24th Mar to 30th Mar 2000.
CHARTER OF DUTIES
- Quality assurance of electrical/ electronics / engineering / general stores/ patterned naval stores manufactured in the assigned area of jurisdiction and orders placed by IHQ MOD (NAVY), MOs, Shipyards, OFB and CGHQ.
- Joint inspection on special projects along with professional directorates of IHQ MOD (NAVY).
- To undertake capacity assessment of firms towards vendor registration on receipt of directives from DQAN
- Technical and Administrative control of RI (N) (BEL, Ghaziabad)
- Key items inspected are SSR Radar, CMS, CAT, RIU, PMU, Flood Lights, Signalling Projector, IFF antenna, Cables, Bullet proof jackets, Bulb Bar, Fire Extinguishers, Cylinders, Pait, Oil & Lubricants and other Naval stores item.
AREA OF JURISDICTION
QAE(N), Badarpur is entrusted with Quality Assurance activities of various Naval Stores for which orders have been placed by the Naval procurement agencies or through TCMS New Delhi on the firms located in Delhi NCR, Haryana, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh (North of tropic of cancer)
Ministry of Defence (DGQA)
Quality Assurance Establishment(Naval)
DGQA Complex, Mathura Road
Badarpur Border, New Delhi
PIN – 110044
Phone no.: 011- 29892171, 0129 – 2279528
FAX : 011- 29892171